Hi everyone!! Getting to know people can be an easy thing for some, and a real challenge for others. Some people are good at making conversation and knowing the right questions to ask and others need a little help.
Whether it’s getting to know a boyfriend or girlfriend or maybe even a spouse, these questions will come in handy. No matter how long you’ve been with someone, there’s always something more to learn about them. 🙂
- What ice-cream flavor do you like the best?
- What is one dessert you can’t live without?
- Is there a kind of cookie you like more than others?
- Which do you like better, fruit or vegetables? Why?
- How many times a week do you cook for yourself?
- Which do you prefer, to cook for others or have someone cook for you?
- Can you recall a time you complained at a restaurant because the food was not prepared the way you wanted?
- What is the best restaurant you have eaten at?
- Do you drink soda? If so, which kind do you like the best?
- What was the best meal you have ever eaten?
- What sports did you play in school?
- Do you prefer one sport to watch over the other? Why?
- Who is your favorite sports team?
- Have you ever met a professional athlete? If yes, who was it?
- Do you prefer to watch sports in person or on TV? Why?
- Is there a sport you are terrible at?
- If you could met any athlete, who would you pick?
- What is the sport you play the best at?
- What is the most money you would pay to watch your favorite sports team?
- How far would you drive to see your favorite sports team?
- What type of music do you like?
- Is there a type of music you don’t like?
- How many live concerts have you been to? Who did you see perform?
- Do you have a favorite singer? If yes, who is it?
- Have you ever sang karaoke? If no, would you?
- Do you sing in the shower?
- What is one song you could never get sick of?
- Did you play a musical instrument in school? If yes, what was it?
- Do you like musicals? If yes, which one was your favorite?
- Would you rather see a live concert or watch the concert at home?
CHILDHOOD YEARS AND FAMILY
- Do you have family traditions? If yes, what are some?
- What was your favorite toy growing up?
- How many siblings do you have?
- If you have siblings, did you fight or get along?
- How were your birthdays celebrated?
- Do you have a favorite childhood memory?
- What was the craziest thing you did growing up?
- What was the hardest thing about growing up?
- Did you grow up with pets in the family?
- Do you have a favorite childhood game you played?
- Do you embarrass easily?
- Tell me 5 things that make you happy.
- Do you remember the happiest moment in your life?
- What was the saddest moment in your life?
- What makes you angry?
- Do you worry a lot?
- What makes you worry?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What makes you stress out?
- How do you handle stress?
PICK WHAT YOU PREFER AND EXPLAIN WHY
- Day or Night?
- Be alone or in a group?
- Summer or Spring?
- Winter or Fall?
- Read the news from a paper or a computer?
- Get up early or stay up late?
- Swim in the ocean or swim in a lake?
- Rather own a dog or a cat?
- Pearls or diamonds?
- Leather or silk?
DO YOU LIKE THE FOLLOWING? ANSWSER YES OR NO AND EXPLAIN WHY
- Sleeping in
- Video games
- Reality TV
- Social media
WHAT IS THE BEST
- What is the best book you ever read?
- Tell me the best movie you ever saw?
- What are your best traits?
- Tell me the best advice you were ever given.
- What is the best day you had?
- What is the best TV show you have seen?
- Tell me the best gift you have ever gotten.
- Tell me about the best year of your life.
- What is the best vacation you were on?
- What is the best job you’ve ever had?
SCRATCH AND SNIFF
- What perfume smell do you like?
- Do you have a preference for cologne smells?
- Is there a flower you love the smell of?
- What smell do you like the least?
- Is there a smell you like the best?
- Do certain smells bring back memories for you?
- Does anything make you sneeze all the time?
- Did you collect stickers when you were a kid? If yes, which were your favorite?
- Do you like the smell of the fall leaves?
- Do you like the smell of the ocean or lake?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you have a favorite TV show? If yes, what is it?
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- What is your favorite number?
- Do you have a favorite dog breed?
- What is your favorite clothing store to shop in?
- What is your favorite car?
- Do you have a favorite holiday?
- Did you have a favorite subject in school?
- What is your favorite month of the year? Why?
QUESTIONS JUST BECAUSE
- Have you ever met a famous person? If yes, who was it?
- Who do people say you look like?
- Are you superstitious?
- What are your life goals?
- How would you describe yourself?
- Is there anything you would change about yourself?
- What is the kindest thing you did for someone?
- If you won the lottery, what would you spend it on?
- Is there a dream job you wish you had?
- What topics do you know the best?
- Are there hobbies you enjoy?
- Tell me your biggest pet peeve?
- Do you remember your dreams?
- What is the most important quality in friend?
- Tell me the qualities in a relationship that are important to you.
- What skills do you have?
- Do you have any future goals?
- Have you been to a foreign country?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What is your dress style?
So, there you have it. 120 Questions To Ask When Getting To Know Someone!! To find more questions, check out the book, “All About Us“ by Philipp Keel. This book can be found on Amazon.com. My husband and I have it and have gotten to know each other better by asking some of the questions in the book.